New data analysis by the Pew Research Center shows the number of unauthorized immigrants in the US at its lowest in over a decade. The detailed article appeared on November 27th, 2018 on Pew Research Center Hispanic Trends
“There were 10.7 million unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2016, down from a peak of 12.2 million in 2007” – the analysis shows.
- The sharp drop was mainly due to a sharp decline in the number of new unauthorized immigrants, especially Mexicans, coming into the country.
- You can read the in-depth study HERE. Below are a few highlights that are worth noticing:
- More than a million unauthorized immigrants have temporary protection from deportation
- A rising share of unauthorized immigrants arrive legally, but overstay visas
- Number of recent arrivals declines
- Border apprehensions of Mexicans decline, but rise for Central Americans
- About 5 million U.S.-born children live with unauthorized immigrant parents
Our Firm is ready to help with your immigration issue no matter where you are in the process. We stay on top of the latest immigration developments. An informed and up-to-date attorney is a powerful ally you will want to have. Please feel to contact us by email or phone for your immigration related questions.